Important decisions have been taken in the emergency meeting of BCB2012-09-04
The following important decisions have been taken in an emergency meeting of BCB Board today. BCB President AHM Mostafa Kamal MP and the Directors of BCB were present in the meeting.
· The Board has extended the deadline for purchasing tender document and submitting the bid offer for BCB Worldwide Media Rights. The last date for obtaining the tender document is now 06 September 2012 and the fresh deadline for submission is 12 September 2012. Amendment was also made to the pre-requisites for prospective bidders. Accordingly, a tender will be accepted if one among the marketing agent and the broadcaster has five (05) year’s experience in related field.
· Two top performers of the Bangladesh Under 19 Team in the recently concluded ICC Under 19 World Cup in Australia would be awarded BDT 2,00,000.00 (Two Lac Taka) each. The other members of the squad will each get BDT 1,00,000.00 (Taka One Lac).
· The Board discussed the inquiry committee report on an anti corruption issue raised during the inaugural edition of the Bangladesh Premier League T20. The four member inquiry committee was headed by BCB Senior Vice President Mahbub Anam. The other members were BCB Directors Gazi Ashraf Hossain, Siraj Uddin Md. Alamgir and BCB Acting CEO Nizam Uddin Chowdhury.
. As per the recommendation of the committee the Board decided to refrain from engaging former national cricketer Shariful Huq in any cricket activities under the Bangladesh Cricket Board’s jurisdiction in future. His activities around cricket will also be carefully monitored by the Board.
· The eight-team 14th National Cricket League will begin from 14 October 2012. For the first time in the history of first class cricket in this country the competition has been modelled on a franchise-based system. It was also decided that the Board will introduce day-night matches during this tournament.
· The disciplinary matter related to batsman Shahriar Nafees’ conduct during the Bangladesh A Team’s recent Tour of India has been referred to the BCB Disciplinary Committee. The committee has been asked to submit a report in 14 days.