Nazmul Hassan chaired his first BCB Board meeting as the President2012-10-19
The BCB Board of Directors convened for its 37th Meeting today at the SBNCS, Mirpur. The meeting was chaired by new BCB President Nazmul Hassan, MP. Following are some of the notable developments:
• The BCB President and the Board officially congratulated Mr. AHM Mustafa Kamal, FCA, MP for becoming the Vice President of ICC. The Board lauded Mr. Kamal's immense contribution during his tenure as the BCB President and profusely praised his vision and ambition to drive Bangladesh cricket forward.
• The Board noted recent media reports surrounding Bangladesh Team Head Coach Richard Pybus. The Board is in constant contact with Mr. Pybus and he has been advised to start his National Team programme as early as possible.
• Walton Refrigerator have been approved as the title sponsors of the 14th National Cricket League. The Tournament will be known as Walton Refrigerator 14th National Cricket League.
* A second first class tournament was approved by the Board. This will be a franchise-based event featuring the top 80 performers of the 14th NCL. There will be four teams competing. The teams will be Zonal Franchises with the country divided into four zones.
• BCB Worldwide Media Rights to M/s Virgo Media Limited for the West Indies Series was approved.
• The special committee formed by the Board to investigate alleged corrupt conduct by umpires has been advised to conduct the investigation and to report back to the Board within the next three (03) weeks. The Board also approved recommendation made by the Umpires Committee to nominate Mr. Anisur Rahman as a TV Umpire for the West Indies Series.
• The franchises of the first edition of BPL T20 have been given formal notice to clear all outstanding payments by 20th of October 2012. Issues related to non-payment will be discussed at the adjourned BCB meeting scheduled on 24th October 2012.